Now Hiring Inventory Control Clerk
Contact: Human Resources
Reports To: Supply Chain Leader
FLSA: Full Time, Non-exempt
Works closely with the VP of Operations, Plant Manager and Shift Supervisors. This individual is responsible for maintaining accurate computer records of the warehouse inventory and to insure that all inventory is properly stored and protected
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Warehouse operations knowledge and experience
- 2 years inventory control experience within a warehouse environment; preferably a distribution warehouse.
- Prior experience working with a computerized inventory management system.
- Cycle counting and reconciliation.
- Experience with tracking serial lot numbers on raw materials, WIP and finished goods.
- Compares inventories to office records or computes figures from records, such as sales orders, production records, or purchase invoices to obtain current inventory.
- Verifies clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation or count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies.
- Compiles and maintains records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies stocked in establishment: Counts material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts totals to inventory records, manually or using computer.
- Correcting sales order, manufacturing order and inventory records in the event of inventory discrepancies that prohibit processing the order as written.
- Excellent Communication.
- Excellent Math computation skills.
- Prepares reports, such as inventory balance, price lists, and shortages.
- Ability to work well with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Prepares list of depleted items and recommends survey of defective or unusable items.
- Perform general warehouse housekeeping tasks as assigned.
- Perform all warehouse employee tasks as requested.
- Experienced and knowledgeable of purchasing and inventory control practices.
- Working knowledge of MRP, inventory control management systems & ERP (Experience with MISys Inventory Management a plus)
- Required to have impeccable work habits, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and under supervision, as well as an ability to coordinate with other departments.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and various inventory management & accounting systems.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to become forklift certified but previous forklift experience is preferred.
- Stand on concrete surface for extended length of time.
- Bending and twisting motions required.
- Pushing and pulling fully loaded manual pallet jacks and carts.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Graduate although an AA or 4 year degree is preferred
- Salaried, non-exempt position working weekdays during normal business hours.
- Typical workweek is 40-50 hours with additional hours during month end/year end close, physical inventory, special projects and peak Sales periods.
PACA Foods is an equal opportunity employer, M/F